Saturday, January 1, 2011

Wanna spoon?

Heh, I will never tire of that little pun.

A few weeks back, Zoya had a little special with their spoons. You could order 6 spoons for free, and shipping is always free on the spoons - so they sent you six spoons for free. I like the idea of the spoons - they send you an oval of color on a plastic "spoon" to see the color as it appears dried, rather than in the bottle. I do this with all of my polishes on a color wheel I buy at Sally's. Even better is that they give you a discount coupon for a later purchase.

I scoured the site and picked six colors that interested me:
Top Row: Astra, Crystal, Anaka.
Bottom Row: Julieanne, Nidhi, Lianne
  
The six colors I picked were Astra, Crystal, Anaka, Julieanne, Nidhi and Lianne. I was impressed with all of the colors I picked out.
Astra
Astra is a pinky red glitter. The glitter is pretty chunky. This would need a nice, thick base coat like Seche Vite to even think about smoothing it out. I'm still undecided on this one as I have a few glitters, yet I typically avoid glitters on my nails. Not that I don't like the way they look, it's that I dread removing them.
Crystal
Crystal is a bright blue with flecks of uneven-sized gold glitter pieces. This one isn't just glitter, so it dried a little smoother. This color is a definitely buy. This was my favorite of the bunch.
Anaka
Anaka is a shimmery fuchsia pink. I love this, but I have a few colors like it - still on the fence.

Julieanne
Julieanne is a deep dark purple-blue with purple and blue duochrome. I think this one is also a must-buy. I loved the color. It was very hard to capture all of the color-changing shimmer in this one.
Nidhi
Nidhi is an orangey-red shimmer. I'm leaning towards purchase on this one.
Lianne
Lastly, Lianne. This one was a shimmery (see a pattern here??) yellow-orange. I absolutely love the color, but when held up against my hands, it just didn't look right. So as much as I absolutely love this color, I think I will have to pass on it.

So, I'm at 2 definites and 2 maybes. They also have a new line coming out (which Vampy Varnish already reviewed) and I know that the green color - Gemma - will be on the must buy list. I'm going to wait until that line is released on the website and then scoop up the 3, maybe 4 that I want.

Did you take advantage of the Free Spoons? What colors did you pick?

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for being a great follower. I tagged you on my blog! Check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should try the foil method when removing glitter nail polish... I never have but supposedly it makes the job a breeze.. found it on Pink Sith, who found it somewhere else :)
    http://www.pinksith.com/2010/03/glitter-nail-polish-removal-made-simple.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Toesthattwinkle - Thanks!

    @Lucy - I may try that one, I've also read that if you use felt rather than cotton balls, it also helps with the removal of glitter.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...