Monday, December 13, 2010

Upcoming MAC releases I'm looking forward to

I love MAC cosmetics. Not everything in their line, of course, but I think it is well-priced quality makeup. Their sheer selection of lipsticks, lipglasses and eyeshadows is mind-boggling, and the quality and color payoff of their eyeshadows is fantastic. When I'm walking through my local mall, I can't just walk by the MAC store, it attracts me in like a magnet.

This year they are releasing two collections on December 26th. Cham-Pale and Stylishly Yours (links are to the Temptalia site, one of my favorite beauty blogs). Now, I loved, loved, loved the Venemous Villians collection, and I liked the Tartan Tale collection, huge as it was. These two collections, though... meh. Stylishly Yours is full of bold, bright colors that I just can't pull off, and Cham-Pale is full of nudes, which I also can't pull off.

However, there are a few things I'm looking forward to in the Holiday releases from the Cham-Pale collection:

Chromagraphic Pencil ($14.50 US). These are great pencils to use on the waterline to brighten and widen the eyes. I think it looks more subtle than using a white eyeliner (which I do, occasionally, when I'm looking particularly tired). These will come in two shades - NC15/NW20 and NW25/NC30.

However, I am *really* looking forward to the Lavender Fix+. I love Fix+ as a face mister, hair mister, eyeshadow brush mister, well, you get the picture. Mix that with lavender, one of my favorite scents in the whole world and it's enough to make me brave the day-after-Christmas crowd at the mall to get my grubby little hands on this one. There will also be a Lip Conditioner SPF15 in Lavender that I think I may just have to pick up as well.

So, all-in-all these collections really don't wow me, but I will be getting at least 2, maybe 3 items - or 10 - you know how walking into a cosmetics store goes. I know I'll find something that I NEED NOW! Heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...