Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Maybelline The Falsies Mascara

Maybelline The Falsies mascara has been reviewed many times, and it there seems to be a split down the middle of people who love it, and people who don't. I think I fall somewhere in the middle.






Because I spend so much money at Ulta, I received a nifty little coupon for some free stuff - and I'm not going to pass up free stuff. Along with a fragrance, I also grabbed this little number for free. For the first time, ever, I walked out of Ulta without spending a dime. That's pretty impressive for me as I seem to lack self-control around cosmetics.

I grabbed the waterproof version of this in Very Black. I wanted Blackest Black, but they didn't have it in waterproof. Non-waterproof mascaras tend to migrate down my face after about 6 hours of wear (DiorShow - I'm looking at you!) so I try to stay with the waterproof varieties now.





The wand it a bit strange. It isn't so huge and thick that it looks like a medieval torture device (again, DiorShow - I'm looking at you!), and it's nicely curved. However, the wand is actually flattened on the concave and convex portions of the wand, so the usable bristles are on the sides of the wand.


I have found that the best way to use these wands is to gently roll them on following the natural curve of your lashes as you are sweeping this on. The formula itself wasn't too bad, not too thick, or too thin. There were a few tiny clumps, nothing that couldn't be fixed by a few extra swipes of the wand. The formula stays wet long enough to put on a second coat without making your lashes a tarantula-like mess. However, keep on going with more than 2 and it's spider-city!

It certainly lengthened my lashes, but didn't add a whole lot in terms of volume, just a little bump up. I also didn't see any curling until coat two and gentle persuasion with the wand.

Naked lashes!

 One coat, uncurled

Two coats, uncurled

One coat - curled first

This mascara can definitely use some eyelash curling before application. I rather like the final result and will probably be using this most mornings. Does it create a false eyelash effect? No, not really. But it still looks pretty good in my opinion. And, hey, it was free! How could I go wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...