Monday, June 6, 2011

Rescue Beauty Lounge Bikini Bottom Sandwich

So, there are posts about nail color sandwiches are all over the interwebs. You take a jelly polish, apply a couple of coats, layer a glitter coat, followed by one more jelly coat. So, I decided to try it out.



I recently scooped up a bottle of Rescue Beauty Lounge Bikini Bottom after the first Bring it Back vote. I have to admit - I love SpongeBob SquarePants. The spitfire is a big fan, so it is playing often in this house. For those who don't have children - Bikini Bottom is the town under the sea where SpongeBob lives. This is a lovely robin's egg blue jelly.



The polish itself was absolutely lovely. Yes, it's a jelly, so there's a distinct visible nail line (VNL) after a few coats. I used a ridge filler as a base coat, so that helped a bit with the opacity. The formula was nice - not too thin and watery for a jelly. It went exactly where I placed it. After two coats, I used a coat of Revlon Galaxy, which is mostly small square glitter with a few larger hexagons suspended in a clear base. The glitter looks better in the bottle than on the nail. I would like a few more hex glitters on the nail, but they were hard to control on the nail. I finished up with another coat of Bikini Bottom and a nice coat of Seche Vite.



People describe jellies as "squishy". I have to agree. It is squishy and shiny and fun. I love this color, but next time I will use it all on its own and nix the glitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...