Saturday, June 25, 2011

Chanel Illusions d'Ombre Quartz Le Vernis and Comparisons

Next up, Chanel Quartz. This color is a beige-silver frost. I know, frost sounds a little 1980's, but it's not too bad. I have heard that this is close to Illamasqua's Bacterium, however I don't own this one, so I can't compare. Although I will do some comparisons at the end of the post.



This one left more brushstrokes than did Peridot. I make no bones about my Chanel love, but I'm not in love with this color. I like it, however it looks a little bit off on my hands. Couple that with the pretty obvious brushstrokes, and I'm not sure just how much I will be wearing this one.



In going through my stash, I pulled a couple of colors that I thought could be close. I came up with two:

L-R: Believe, Timeless Gold, Believe


I grabbed Deborah Lippmann Believe and Dior Timeless Gold. Believe is obviously lighter, however it shows up a little darker once it dries on the nail. Timeless Gold had a similar color, with a bit more warm gold in it, where Quartz is a bit more taupey-beige.



Another big difference in the colors - where Quartz dries as a frost, with obvious brushstrokes, Timeless Gold and Believe dry as a foil, no brushstrokes anywhere in sight. I actually prefer Timeless Gold over Quartz.

It's a nice color, but not on my hands. Don't worry, it's staying firmly put in my stash and I will wear it a few times, but it's not up there with my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...