Thursday, March 10, 2011

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Shadow Pencil

First off, thank you everyone for the very sweet comments and congrats on my last post. They all left a big smile on my face. This is an interesting (albeit surprising!) development in my life and I thank you all. :)

Ok, done with the squishy and back to the makeup!

I know everyone and their mother has reviewed the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Shadow Pencils, so I thought I would, too!



I didn't have high hopes for this. Yes, almost everyone blogging about them has absolutely loved them, but I was very apprehensive about this "no-crease formula". Everything I've ever tried that has said "no-crease" has creased within an hour. I will preface this to say I do have oily eyelids. That sounds like some sort of ailment, but it's true. Regular eyeshadow creases and slides off my eyelids so very fast. This is why Urban Decay's Primer Potion is a godsend for me. Complete Holy Grail product. I've already gone through 2 XL size UDPP (both times pulling out the plastic stopper and making sure to get every.last.drop from the genie tube) and I'm currently working on XL tube #3 and a regular size tube of Greed. So, I assumed I would also need UDPP for this as well.

I picked up the color Rehab. While I love color, I find that when I do my makeup in the morning, I tend to go for browns, taupes and other various neutrals. The purples and blues in this line looked fabulous, but I knew that I just wouldn't reach for them, so why spend the $20 on something I may or may not use? Rehab - a shimmery medium taupey brown, fit the bill perfectly.



The pencil is essentially a thicker 24/7 eyeliner pencil - it has that same soft, silky feel. Once I swiped it on, it blended very well, for about a minute or so. At that point, it dried down and any more blending began to remove product rather than blending. So you do need to work quickly to get it to how you like it.


I swatched it over both UDPP original and UDPP Greed. The Greed made it a bit more shimmery, but it really didn't need it as it was nice and shimmery on its own. I decided when I wore it, I would wear it without any primer to actually test these so-called no-creasing properties. I expected to see that tell-tale product line in the crease every time I looked in the mirror.

I did see creasing in this product - 11 hours later! I was checking almost every hour (hey, I'm pregnant, we have to hit the bathroom a whole lot in the beginning weeks!) and I didn't begin to see any creasing until about the 11 hour mark. I applied it at 8am, I noticed creasing at 7pm. By the time I took it off at 10pm, there was quite a bit of creasing, but I'll say this performed MUCH better than I ever expected!

When you only have 5 minutes in the morning - swipe some of this on with some mascara and blush and you're good to go for the day. I love this purchase - and may have to go back for a few more. Consider me converted!

(And, by the way - am I the only one singing Try to make me go to rehab and I say no, no, no??)

3 comments:

  1. I like the color Rehab. Fun names, aren't they?

    Congrats too!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have 4 of these now and love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, now I'll go and buy it- I needed to hear the testament of another "oily eyelid" person!
    And BTW, I was merrily singing along with Ms. Winehouse within the confines of my own noggin, read your last sentence and said, OUT LOUD:
    "HOW DID SHE KNOW I WAS SINGING THAT?"

    ...erm... yeah...

    Ahhh, the power of subliminal suggestion...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...