Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Chanel Inimitable Intense Mascara

The last purchase I made from my Chanel shopping spree a few weeks back was a mascara. Since trying out Maybelline the Falsies, and having a dreadful time with DiorShow, I swore off expensive mascara. Weeeeeell, I went back on that.



$30 is a heck of a lot to pay for mascara, but Lord and Taylor was having a Friends and Family sale, so I got it at 10% off. Not a lot, but still it's something.



Upon opening the tube, it has that very typical mascara smell. I can't describe it, but it is distinctively a mascara smell, and it's fairly strong in this mascara.


However, it does have the short bristled plastic wand that I love. I'm not a big fan of the huge spirally wands - like the DiorShow mascaras. These short plastic ones just seem to grab the lashes better.

I purchased Noir, which is black, and it is very very black. However, the formula is quite thick. You have to wipe off the excess mascara every single time you dip it into the tube or else your lashes will clump like no one's business.


It does deliver on what it says - it curls, lengthens, separates and thickens your lashes, but you do have to be careful applying it. This isn't a throw it on in 10 seconds mascara, you have to carefully apply it and - this is important - don't make too many swipes. If you swipe it too many times in a coat, you will end up with tarantula lashes. But if you take your time and use as few strokes as necessary and a good eyelash comb, you will get great results.

I always thought side-views showed off lashes (and mascara)

I've been wearing it for a couple of weeks and I'm really torn. If I go to quick or to heavy, my lashes look like a clump-a-thon, but if I take my time and do it right, then they really do look nice. All in all, I don't think I would spend the money on it again, but I'm not regretting my purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...