Saturday, May 14, 2011

Guerlain Rouge Automatique

My VIB status at Sephora was recently renewed (a.k.a. - I spend too much money at Sephora) and I got a 10% off coupon. I thought this would be the perfect time to try my first Guerlain lipcolor. I have been wanting to try the new Rouge Automatique since I saw its debut on the blogs recently.



The color I picked was 164 Chamade. It is a lovely rosy pink color, not too light, but not too dark. I've been on an orange kick recently with lipcolor (I'm always on an orange kick, I love orange) so I decided to try something different.

The gold tube was wreaking havoc on my camera





I love this design. You place your thumb on the square lever and pull down - one handed opening and application. There is a small door on top the the lipstick that keeps it save from random purse debris and best of all - no cap top pop off inside your purse!





However, the packaging, as novel as it is, is actually the least impressive part of this lipstick. The formula of the lipstick itself is fantastic. There is a faint floral smell, but it's so faint that you need to put the bullet quite close to your nose to smell it, and there is no smell or taste on the lips.



It is silky smooth, but light as air. I can barely tell that I have lipstick on. There's nothing worse than feeling like you have a thick layer of wax on your lips all day, and this definitely does not feel that way. I have never tried Rouge G or Kiss Kiss, so I can't compare this formula to either of them. And shiny, it was quite shiny once applied. It has terrific staying power. Lipstick normally doesn't last as long on me as some others because I frequently press my lips together, or am always drinking something, but this lasted hours and hours on me.





If there's one issue I have with this, it's the shape of the tube. It is a square tube and when you bring the tube up to your lips, it obscures the view of your lips a little bit, so it's hard to precisely see the outline of your lips. But that's it. It's not enough to turn me off to this. Even with the price ($35) I think I will be purchasing more of these. It's easy to see why the blogging world raves over this brand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...