Thursday, May 19, 2011

butter London Yummy Mummy... wish it was yummier

I had an interview today, so it was time to remove the multicolored nails (testing some colors) and put on something subtle.



Enter butter London's Yummy Mummy. Ever since Ulta has begun carrying butter London, I've been scooping them up every time I'm there. I love the polish - the colors are fun, the formula is nice and the bottles line up so very nicely in my drawer.





This is a light brown taupe color with a subtle silver microshimmer. The shimmer is visible only in the right light, so a flash was necessary. I used two coats with a nice healthy Seche Vite topcoat.


It was a nice, not quite mannequin hands color, but close. The shimmer gives it a little variety. However, that's where the love affair ends. The application for this one was horrible. I would like to think that maybe I just got an off-bottle, but this was thick, streaky and out and out hard to work with. The coats were already so thick that I didn't want to chance a third coat, but you can still see a bit of a bald spot on my left thumb. I like the color, but I don't know if I'd ever use this one again because it was so hard to work with, which is a shame because normally I LOVE the butter London polishes.



And, after going to the interview today, the place was so laid back, that I probably could have gotten away with the tester nails and no one would have noticed!

2 comments:

  1. Ugh... I had the same experience with my "yummy mummy" and now I'm hesitant to try another polish from butter london :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have quite a few butter London polishes, and honestly, this is the first to have a terrible formula.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...