Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Me + Blue - Justin Bieber collection

Being that there is no 12 year old girl living in this house, I'm not very familiar with Justin Bieber. I know tween girls go nuts over him, and that he actually possesses drumming talent, but other than that - nothing. The spitfire (thankfully) prefers the Ramones thanks to the dearest, so there is no Bieber played in this house. So, when Nicole by OPI came out with the Justin Bieber collection, the first thing I thought was "huh?" then I saw the collection and thought "meh.." But then a little glimmer caught my eye. Was that... a... holographic glimmer?



Why, yes it is! Me + Blue (which I'm guessing is a song of his?) is a bright medium blue with a smattering of holographic glitter in it. I immediately grabbed it. After I got it on my nails, I'm back to "meh".


The formula and application was good, albeit a wee bit chunky, but not annoyingly so. It has the wide brush that I love. But I just wasn't feeling the color.


Then I thought I'd try putting a holographic top coat on top of this color. I grabbed my Nicole by OPI Make a Comet-ment, which is a clear polish jam packed with silver and holographic glitter, and layered two coats over the two coats of Me + Blue that was already on my nails.


That significantly lightened the color and gave it a glittery, silvery hue, while adding more holographic glitter to it.



Just for a comparison, here's a picture of the color with and without the holographic topcoat.


I wanted to like this color. I really did. But, like Justin Bieber himself, I think I'm just too old for this color.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...