Thursday, April 7, 2011

Chanel Rouge Coco Shine Monte Carlo

Yesterday Chanel released their Rouge Coco Shine collection. It is a new sheer, moisturizing lipcolor that comes in 25 new shades. The spokesmodel for this new collection is the very lovely Vanessa Paradis, aka Mrs Johnny Depp. Chanel released Boy - a sheer pink, in a limited release back in February. The whole collection is available now, and retails for $32.



Being a Chanel junkie, I ran to Macy's yesterday to pick one up. After trying a few colors, and having the sales associate color waaaay outside my lipline, I settled on Monte Carlo, a sheer deep pink.




The formula is very moisturizing, and very sheer, just like it claims to. In comparison to the Dior Addict lipcolors, it is just as moisturizing, but Chanel is a bit less pigmented. In order to get a swatch to show up, I had to swipe quite a few times. Although it didn't take as many to show up on my lips.



Depending on how pigmented your lips are, the pigmentation may be a bit underwhelming for this lipcolor. My lips are fairly pigmented on their own, so I chose a bit of a darker color and it showed up nicely.



Just a hint of color. I have a feeling some of the lighter colors, like Boy, may not show up as well on my lips. If you are a bit paler then me (I'm an NC25 in MAC), then the lighter colors will show up better. The nice thing about the counters is if you grab a color, they will give you a sample card with 4 colors on it and a little application brush.


It comes with Adventure, Liberte, Boy and Monte Carlo. Unfortunately, it contains one of the colors I bought, but hey, a sample is a sample, right? On the whole, I do like these lipsticks, and I probably will be purchasing more. Of the two - Dior Addict and Rouge Coco Shine - I think I actually slightly prefer the Dior Addicts.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...