Tuesday, February 1, 2011

OPI Black Shatter and Indecision

As I'm sure everyone has seen by now, OPI has released their Black Shatter nail polish. Pictures of this polish has been all over the blogs.


I simply cannot decide if I want this polish. On one hand, my minor OCD would go into overdrive at the crackling of the polish. Once my polish chips, I pick and pick at it until I remove all of it. The shatter effect would most likely affect me the same way and I would obsesses over it.

On the other hand, the last polish I posted about, OPI Teenage Dream, practically begs for some kind of topcoat like this. But, the biggest reason why I'm considering buying it? Because I can't find it. Yep, you read that right. I have 3 Ultas near me, and I can't find the polish. Apparently, they sell the second they hit the display. I'm stuck in the typical want-what-I-can't-have syndrome.

Yes, I know I can order it, but then I'd have to pay for shipping, and, really - that would just spoil the fun of finding something in a store that's hard to find. I had to stop myself from squealing when I finally found a bottle of Paradoxal after 3 stores (before they began shipping more).

Yeah, I have issues.

What say you? Interested in the shatter polish? Or are you passing on this fad?

2 comments:

  1. Ok, I'll tell you my experience (sorry this is long-winded).I wasn't over the moon in dire need of this polish. I like the idea of crackle polish, but it wasn't as high up as some other things I wanted.

    Like you I somewhat got caught in to the "I want what I can't have" thing. I found it at this small beauty supply store in the mall. Even though I got it, I still wasn't going to run home and put it on. I swatched it later that night, and was AMAZED at how instantly it shattered. I was hooked. I underestimated it, and really feel in love it with it more than I thought I would.

    I quickly put it over my existing mani, and today I've received more compliments than I ever have over a polish. This is just me though. If you're unsure, I'd wait for China Glaze to realize their Crackles, but I think it was worth the investment to get Black Shatter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really am interested in watching it crack. I think that will be really cool to watch. I have a feeling that if I see it, I will grab it, but won't go stalking it out.

    Or wait for China Glaze - I think they're coming out with more colors than just black, if I remember correctly.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...